Saturday, December 4, 2010

More Than a Medium

So , now you're probably dying to see my picture. . . right?  I don't blame you. Who wouldn't be curious about my looks after reading that response from my "dear friend in Christ."

I've decided not to make you wait any longer.

Maybe it's true that we see ourselves better than we are because this turned out better than I really look. 

Ta-da . . .  my self-portrait. 
  












But, you wanted a photo?  Lo siento, ¿No Comprende?

Oh, I forgot to mention the email from the second guy!

When I logged into the second Christian dating site, which is a site where you ask each other questions before chatting, that mailbox was also flashing, "You got mail!" But this guy saw my photo before I had a chance to delete it the next morning. So, I cautiously opened his first set of questions and, here's what he wanted to know. How soon I would have sex?

 I'm confused!
 
Yes, men confuse me at times, but there's one thing I'm sure about. The first guy was right, I am more than a medium. 

I am a child of the living God . . . made in His image . . . loved with an everlasting love.


1 Samuel 16:7 "The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People (even Believers/my commentary) look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

2 comments:

  1. I love your self-portrait! And the verse you shared. Potential CHRISTIAN dating, you say? Sounds like some of these guys need to study Ephesians 4 and begin living in His Light... O that God's men would understand what it is to cherish a woman as Jesus cherishes His bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe not only that a "Christian" guy would ask how soon you were willing to have sex but in the very first message? Wow. Kind of gives Christian dating sites a bad name, doesn't it?

    You're right...you are WAY more than a medium!
    Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete